After few months since I started to develop iPhone Apps, I gathered many great tools and resources from the Internet. Now, I’d like to share these great sources for iPhone WebApp developers.
Though iPhone App has its advantages, the trend is still the Web app. There are more and more WebApps now. WebApp is an app based on web. They are designed for iPhones.
Other than searching WebApp in the WebApp list, http://www.apple.com/webapps/, in default iphone Safari, there are many website to find great webapps.
http://cssiphone.com/ is one of these sites. WebApps in this site will give you many idea on CSS design.
iPhone Design Resources
1. There is a very popular iphone visual design psd: http://www.teehanlax.com/blog/2009/06/18/iphone-gui-psd-30/. They also developed iPad edition psd:http://www.teehanlax.com/blog/2010/02/01/ipad-gui-psd/ . The teehanlax company developed a iPhone app designing tool iPhone Sketch Elements AI which let you draw your ideas.
2.Another iphone vector elements picture: http://www.mercuryintermedia.com/blog/index.php/2009/03/iphone-ui-vector-elements
3. Another iPad psd template: http://www.rawapps.com/849/ipad-gui-kit-in-psd-format-is-here/
WebApp framework template
4. http://phonegap.com/ is very good. Its great advantage is that it support iPhone, Android, Palm, Symbian and Blackberry. It’s actually a xcode database. It should be compiled to a app in order to complete its functions.
5. There are many people recommend http://www.jqtouch.com/
7. Certainly, don’t forget Apple’s Dashcode.
IPhone App Third-party database
1. TouchJSON is a lightweight Object-C written JSON decode/encode database. It’s very easy to use. You can see their project here: http://code.google.com/p/touchcode/wiki/TouchJSON
2. ASIHTTP is a Object-C http database. It offer high level HTTP operation solutions. It also support Amazon cloudy service. You can see it here: http://allseeing-i.com/ASIHTTPRequest/
3. Three20 is a very famous iPhone UI database. It comes from facebook iPhone App. It support many powerful UI effect. See it here: http://github.com/facebook/three20
Other iPhone resources website
1. http://iphonetoolbox.com/ will publish resources and news related to iPhone app development