A mirrorless camera does not have an optical view finder that is mirror based. This makes for better, sharper pictures and smaller cameras. Cameras have seen huge progress from the initial offerings by Panasonic and Olympus. And although these mirrorless cameras are expensive and lenses aren’t easily available, hopefully in time we will see more availability and that will bring prices down.
Mirrorless cameras have larger lenses which capture greater quantities of light and produce amazing life like pictures, with lower interference and noise, even in less than optimum conditions. Cameras such as these have HD pictures and LCD monitors for a more sophisticated experience.
All this made the rumor mills work even more when we heard that leading camera maker, Nikon, is launching its version of the mirrorless camera, complete with evolved video functions. The Japanese company Nikon has been a prominent player in the world of photography and specializes in superlative images. The Nikon Mirrorless Camera has been introduced to augment the revenue the company generates with its SLR sales. The ambitious plan includes raising numbers by about 80% in three years. The company promises it will be a new concept and it is, using as it does a sensor which is at least 30% smaller in size than other Nikon products. The Nikon N1 is a combination of technology, sensitive controls and aesthetic, no fuss design.
Here are some technical specifics that will make you drool-
- The autofocus means a focus speed that has never been seen before.
- Prime lens, the 1 NIKKOR, which are lighter and smaller and come with fixed lengths for sharper pictures and that beautiful diffused lighting which makes for softer, love-infused pictures. There are four of these in the N1 and include the superzoom lens.
- The camera will also carry Extra-low Dispersion glass which helps correct defects pertaining to color, wavelengths and others.
- Hybrid AF system that cuts out slower autofocus system issues by detecting contrast and face detection.
- Motion Snapshot and Smart Photo Selector that takes pictures even before the shutter is fully depressed, so you get more candid pictures.
- Nikon’s EXPEED 3 is a dual image processor that delivers advanced images. Not just quality but also transfers and autofocus.
- Shooting speed of 60 frames per second.
- The ability to shoot video and photographs at the same time.
- 10.1 million pixel sensor
- Nikon 1 lens mount
- Magnesium alloy body
The camera is built for the veteran user but if you want to step up from taking pictures using your phone’s camera or want to upgrade from your basic camera without being intimidated by the intricacies of the DSLR, you will enjoy the Nikon N1. Nikon’s commitment to improving its products to offer even better experiences to its users is obvious in the all new mount that goes with the N1. We hope that the Nikon will connect the world of the advance DSLR cameras with the less sophisticated but budget friendly cameras. Shooting pictures, video and recording memories for posterity- it all becomes so much more fun with this advanced piece of machinery and technology.
This guest post is brought to you by buytimewarnercable.com, a site that offers savings and current information on cable time nc. Go to this link to learn more about savings on internet bills and timewarnercable.com services.